Gardening Workshop Days at Cascades Gardens: The Meditation Garden
We offer a range of friendly and informative study days for up to 12 people at a time throughout the year at Cascades Gardens.They are interactive sessions with the garden owner with the opportunity to explore the design, layout, plants and plantings in detail in the garden first hand. Talks for larger groups can be given offsite by arrangement on other dates of your choice at a discounted rate.
Each study day includes:
- Tea or coffee on arrival.
- A talk by the owner on the history and development of Cascades Gardens and what influenced him.
- A guided tour of the garden
- A powerpoint presentation and discussion on the main subject. Q and A
- Afternoon tea.
- Final guided tour of the garden demonstrating the relevant parts of the talk
Time 10.30am to 4.30 pm. Cost £25 per person (early booking fee £20 before 1st March). A group discount is available.The fee includes includes:
- free second visit garden entry
- 10% off accommodation at The Cascades B&B accommodation.
- Refreshments and lunch
- The opportunity to buy plants at the nursery (10% off)
- Ongoing email networking with owner and workshop participants
1. Workshop subject: Working with Nature. How to create your own sacred garden.
- Why do we garden?
- What is a Paradise garden- Persian gardens, some examples.
- The Japanese garden. My visits to Japan.
- Chinese Gardens: The Tao and Feng Shui
- Feng Shui as applied to Cascades gardens
- Nature is in every plant.
- Just sitting
You can read more about my gardening for wellbeing techniques at the Garden for Wellbeing blog.