Gardening Workshop Days at Cascades Gardens
We offer a range of friendly but informative study days for up to 8 people at a time throughout the year at Cascades Gardens on a range of subjects.They are interactive sessions with the garden owner with the oportunity to explore the plants and plantings in detail in the garden first hand. Workshops and talks for largeer groups can be given on or offsite by arrangement on other dates at a discounted rate.
Each day includes:
- Tea or coffee on arrival.
- A talk by the owner on the history and development of Cascades Gardens and what influenced him.
- A guided tour of the garden
- A powerpoint presentation and discussion on the main subject. Q and A
- Afternoon tea.
- Final guided tour of the garden demonstrating the relevant parts of the talk
Time 10.30am to 4.30 pm. Cost £25 per person (early booking fee £20 before 1st March). A group discount is available.The fee includes includes:
- free second visit garden entry
- 10% off accommodation at The Cascades B&B accommodation.
- Refreshments and lunch
- The opportunity to buy plants at the nursery (10% off)
- Ongoing email networking with owner and workshop participants
1. Working with Nature. How to create a relaxing garden for peace and reflection includes:
- Why do we garden?
- What is a Paradise garden- Persian gardens, some examples.
- The Japanese garden. My visits to Japan.
- Chinese Gardens: The Tao and Feng Shui
- Feng Shui applied to Cascades gardens
- Nature is in every plant.
- Just sitting