Retreats at Cascades- for group bookings
Cascades House and Gardens offers an ideal place for small group retreats in Derbyshire.
- A meditation garden that has taken 24 years to create from the site of an old quarry, corn mill, and cliff face and is in an ideal rural location
- A charming B&B and a log cabin meeting room/cafe
- Central Peak District location
- An owner/organiser that is a Buddhist and has a passion for the ideas of Eastern philosophy and religions and being “one with nature”.
Our Garden leaflet and “Spiritual Journey” booklet, is available via We Transfer on request.
The Meditation Garden
Cascades Gardens is a four-acre garden designed for meditation and spiritual wellbeing. It is a peaceful and natural garden in the historic village of Bonsall near Matlock, Derbyshire.
Cascades Gardens has been designed by the owner over the last 22 years to reflect the natural balance and harmony that can be found in unspoilt landscapes. Inspired by Japanese gardens and Buddhist philosophy the combination of massive rocks, streams and lush natural planting is intended to refresh the soul and celebrate nature.
Changing with the seasons, there is always something new in the garden, waterfalls and hellebores in March, a delightful spring garden in April and May, roses in June and an abundance of interesting plants, shrubs and trees throughout the year.
The garden has many places to sit in quiet corners amongst its dramatic scenery. Perfect for reflection and meditation whatever your religion or spiritual views. On a quiet sunny day there is a sense of peace, stillness and energy throughout the garden and you can hear the sound of water wherever you are.
We have accommodation and dining facilities for up to 8 people (couples) or four bedrooms at our B&B, but could arrange accommodation for others in other Bed and Breakfast accommodation within close walking distance here in the village of Bonsall.
There are some great places for long walks, including rivers and canal paths, gorges, the Peak District, a reservoir and disused railway tracks, all within either walking distance or a few miles drive.
We have a log cabin meeting room in the garden that would seat up to 16 people with presentation equipment and refreshment facilities. The village hall is within 400 metres and can be hired cheaply and could hold a larger number of people with self-catering refreshment facilities.
Facilities in summary
- Car parking for up to 11 cars with access to the adjoining village car park
- A four-acre secluded garden with meditation seats.
- Cascades House B&B
- The log cabin café / presentation room.
- Several reasonably priced village cafes, restaurants and pubs nearby that could provide evening and other meals.
- Any Program your own choosing.
- Optional contribution from Alan Clements, the owner;
- a one-hour presentation about spiritual gardening/getting close to Nature. which covers oriental gardens and their spiritual significance, touching on subjects such as the Tao, Ying Yang, Feng Shui etc. and /or
- A Talk “From Jungle to Paradise” the story and inspiration of the creation of Cascades Gardens and its development.
Flexible, to be agreed
The Cascades House and Gardens is located in the village of Bonsall, close to Matlock, Derbyshire. Post Code DE4 2AH. From A6 traffic lights turn into Cromford, pass the Greyhound hotel take a right turn along the Via Gellia (A5012). After one mile turn right up the hill towards Bonsall Village. Cascades House and Gardens is on the right before the village green. Come to the first house entrance.
Cascades Gardens, The Cascades, Clatterway, Bonsall, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 2AH
To discuss a group visit, call Alan on 07967 337404.
See Cascades Gardens video blog